This is your opportunity to join the award-winning design team at MA Peterson Designbuild, Inc. Located in Edina, Minnesota, MA Peterson is a high-end residential remodeling company focused on providing complete and customized design solutions for our clients. We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our team! A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service and will be responsible for accounts payable, payroll, change order processing and order fulfillment for our outside interior designers. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This benefit-eligible position reports to our Accounting Manager, and includes competitive compensation package including benefits. This full-time position requires Monday – Friday work week with hours of 8:00 AM to 4.30 PM.
- Accounts payable- input invoices, prepare weekly check runs to pay bills and make other payments in a timely manner.
- Procurement- Manage, approve and process information received from our 3rd party interior designers throughout the design build process which includes: sourcing, pricing the various products, receiving and inspecting products upon delivery and issuing change orders.
- Payroll management - preparing bi-weekly payroll entry, tracking PTO, reconciling payroll between PayChex, Inc. and the general ledger system.
- Review, reconcile and prepare general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, bank and prepaid reconciliations.
- Communicating with our project managers throughout the design build process.
- Team with our full-time Administrative Assistant, to establish superior first impression and client service which includes greeting clients, handling incoming calls, client recordkeeping and processing invoices.
- Work closely with other personnel throughout the organization on issues related to assigned tasks and initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is deadline driven and fast paced
- Outstanding prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience with a pleasant and welcoming demeanor
- 2 - 4-year degree with emphasis in accounting
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an accounting role
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and computer skills
- Sage 100 Contractor (MasterBuilder) experience is a plus
- Construction accounting experience a plus