This is your opportunity to join the award-winning design team at MA Peterson Designbuild, Inc. Located in Edina, Minnesota, MA Peterson is a high-end residential remodeling company focused on providing complete and customized design solutions for our clients. We are looking for an Accountant to join our team! A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service and will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable payroll and month end close leading to timely and accurate financial statements. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This full time, benefit eligible position reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
- Accounts payable- input invoices, prepare weekly check runs to pay bills and make other payments in a timely manner. Reconcile all accounts, including credit cards and checking.
- Prepare account reconciliations for all banking and credit card accounts.
- Accounts receivable- generate and send invoices, deposit payments, manage and track cash flows.
- Payroll management- preparing bi-weekly payroll entry, tracking PTO, reconciling payroll between PayChex, Inc. and the general ledger system.
- Month-end close- review, reconcile and prepare general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, prepaid reconciliation and intercompany transactions.
- Financial reporting- oversee the preparation of the monthly internal financial statement packages.
- Policy development- develop and implement all policies, procedures, systems and best practices as they relate to the accounting and general ledger environment.
- Work closely with other personnel throughout the organization on issues related to assigned tasks and initiatives.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is deadline driven and fast paced
- Outstanding prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience with a pleasant and welcoming demeanor
- Competitive compensation package including benefits
- Full-time position: Monday – Friday work week with hours of 7:30 AM to 4.30 PM
- 4-year degree with emphasis in accounting and finance
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an accounting role
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and computer skills
- Sage 100 Contractor (MasterBuilder) experience is a plus
- Construction accounting experience a plus
- Certified public Accountant (CPA) is a plus